Managing Your Account
1. To login to your account, click on My Account located on the top right corner of the Manteno Public Library’s website page.
2. In the spaces provided, enter your 14-digit library card number from the back of your library card (without spaces) and then enter your PIN, which is the last 4 digits of your library card number unless you have changed it.
3. Once you’ve signed in, to view your account click on My Account located on the top right corner of the Encore’s (Library’s online catalog) web page.
4. From here you can view checkouts, fines, holds, reading history (if you have opted in) and create reading lists.
5. Please remember to log out of your account when you are finished using the Logout button at the top right of the screen.
Reserving Books Online
The fulfillment of reserves are subject to local library borrowing restrictions. Not all items may be reserved.
- 1. Browse for your item using Encore, the Library’s online catalog.
- 2. Once you find the item you wish to reserve, click Request It.
- 3. If you haven’t signed in, sign in by typing in the spaces provided with the following information: your 14-digit library card number with no spaces and your PIN which is the last 4 digits of your library card number unless you have changed it.
- 4. A Request It Box opens allowing you to choose a pick up location (default is your home library) and an option to choose a deadline date. If neither items need to be changed, simply ignore and click Submit to finalize request.
1. Click on My Account at the top right corner of the MPL website and enter your 14-digit library card with no spaces and PIN which is the last 4 digits of your library card number unless you have changed it. Click Login.
2. Once you’ve signed in, to view your account click on My Account located on the top right corner of the Encore’s (The Library Online Catalog) web page.
3. Click on Checkout tab on the left side of your account screen.
4. Select the box next to the item(s) you wish to renew.
5. Click Renew Marked or Renew All.
6. Please remember to log out of your account when you are finished using the Logout button at the top right of the screen.
The best card to have in your wallet! The MPL library card gives you access to books, DVDs, museum passes and so much more. Get Yours Today!
Get a Library Card
Library cards are free to residents of the Manteno Public Library District. Proof of Residency is required for application.Proof of Residency Requirements
Manteno Public Library Residency Requirements
It is the policy of the Manteno Public Library to require proof of residency to obtain a library card. Acceptable forms of residency in the library district are:
A current Illinois driver’s license or Illinois State Identification card OR 2 of the following:
- Title Evidence, Mortgage Papers, or Lease Agreement
- Utility Bill
- Tax Bill
- Current Voter’s Registration Card
- Loan Payment Book
- Home Insurance Policy
- Bank Account
- Medical Card
- Green Card
Renew Library Card
Renewing & Returning Materials
Return Library Materials
Library materials can be returned at the circulation desk, or through the drive-up book drop located on the south side of the building.
Renew Library Materials
Books, including audio books, have a two-week loan period and may be renewed if there are no outstanding holds on the materials. Videos and DVDs are loaned for two weeks; New videos/DVDS are loaned for 1 week. Renewals may be made in person, by phone, or online.
Pay a Fine
Fines can be paid at the circulation desk; we accept cash or check.
Patrons can also pay fines at home via the library website or using the library card catalog stations via Encore “My Account’.
Once logged into your account, you can pay any outstanding fines using a credit card or debit card. Simply click your name at the top right corner of the screen, then select the Fines/Fees tab that appears on the screen. A Pay Online button generates in the middle of the screen. Clicking this will lead you to a simple, secure prompt to pay your fines.
Books, Music CDs, and Periodicals:
Videos and DVDs:
Lost or Damaged Items: